Spring is finally here to stay with lots of color, fragrances, textures, and Wow factor
Happy May Month! It’s a wonderful time in the nursery. We have a great Japanese Maple collection in many sizes and price ranges. Ornamental trees and shrubs for your landscape garden! Colorful shrubs, both with foliage or flowers, such as hydrangeas, abelia, roses, edibles, gardenias, conifers, Encore Azaleas, and more. Check out the roses!
Perennials are fantastic whether for sun or shade. These are the plants that come back, year after year. Sun perennials are looking posh such as salvia, dianthus, gauras, euphorbia, verbena, and we have many shade perennials too.
Our colorful Annuals feature hanging baskets, combo baskets, create your own bedding flats, container plants, and other summer heat wave annuals.
Perfect time to plant the vegetable garden!
Cold weather is gone. Our “last frost date” is usually around mid-April, so you have a green light for planting after that time.
- Veggies are still plentiful in the garden center and it’s the perfect time to grow your own food. We have Bio-tone, Tomato-tone, calcium nitrate, and other fertilizers for your growing needs (ALL Espoma products).
- Herbs are looking fantastic and we have a great selection for all your cooking needs. Grow your own organic herbs to spice up your summer cookouts! We have an awesome collection of organic herbs and veggies!
- We’ve generated lots of talk about our Fairy Gardens! We have a great line of Fairy Garden plants and new and fun accessories. Learn more about Fairy Gardens, Terrariums and more in our upcoming classes (see Events)!
- We offer excellent potting soils, container mixes, organics and compost; make for great success all summer long. Also check out our organic bagged soil for veggie gardens in containers. We have Daddy Pete’s local organic line and our bulk organic soil, available by the bag!
- You will find organic remedies for all your gardening needs, be it vermin, domestic or other garden pests. The cooler, wet weather we usually experience in late April can cause powdery mildew, so start treating!
Spring Arrivals in the Store
We have new pottery in lots of colors and sizes, garden art for in the landscape and to hang on a fence or wall! Great solar section plus standard & garden sized flags, for your yard decor.
Other hot items include bird feeders and houses, very cool hummingbird feeders, benches, and arbors and trellises.
Spring in the south can get buggy! Get rid of mosquitoes with our popular Z-BANDS! Clip on for camp/hiking, outdoor events, all natural burning coals for outdoor cookouts and a zapper too!
Happy gardening and Plant On!